Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Revisiting My 2016 Resolutions

Well, 2016 hit me hard. To start, this is my first post since January 1st. Here's a look at what I did -- and didn't -- accomplish in 2016.

BIG RESOLUTIONS

Resolution #1: Finish the first draft of DSF.



HAHAHA. Nope. Didn't even start.

Resolution #2: Query TGITP



This is actually the only goal I DID meet. I sent my draft to beta readers at the beginning of July, and edited from October-December.

I sent my first round of queries TODAY.

Last year I said, "This is by far going to be the hardest goal to meet", and I'm glad it's the one I chose to focus on.

Resolution #3: Read 70 Books



HAH! Maybe it's because I didn't track the books I was reading each week like I did last year, but I fell way behind this year. To date I've read 23 books, and will probably finish two more before the year ends, leaving me 45 books short.

DAILY RESOLUTIONS

Resolution #4: Write Once A Day
Resolution #5: Clean Up for 2 Minutes Every Evening
Resolution #6: Do 3 Pull Ups a Day
Resolution #7: Do One Good Deed A Day

At this point, I just got too ambitious. I barely tracked these for an entire month. Lesson learned for next year, I suppose.

The most important thing from this year? I QUERIED FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY.

Sayonara 2016. You will not be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment